Countdown: Top 5 Places & Why
Dubrovnik main street
“[Dubrovnik is] the pearl of the Adriatic.” – George Bernard Shaw
Dubrovnik city walls looking out towards the Mediterranean Sea
We visited 3 Croatian cities: Dubrovnik, Split & Zadok. Of these, Dubrovnik was my favorite and spent the most time there.
– Famous for its red-lined rooftops and fortified walled city, with the main square contained within (AKA: “Old Town”)
– Had a super fun time exploring city interiors & adventuring its many side streets (and getting lost)
– Very impressed with how clean and shiny the streets were, considering the city has no roof
– Spectacular views of the ocean and the waves crashing mightily on the rocks on both ends
– Adventurous time walking the walls around the top of the city (took 50 minutes and beat the minimum time by 10 min)
– Took ferry to 2 different islands and had a blast diving off high end of the bow into crystal clear waters
– Quick stop but managed to snag a pix with a Dalmatian dog & win the proverbial tour competition
– Split is the largest Dalmatian country from where the famed dog received its name
– Walked along ocean front and listened to “Sea organ”, where waves crash against marble steps and plays music from holes ingrained in stair steps (is really relaxing to listen to, especially with the sweet ocean view before your eyes)
Mediteranean Sea backdrop in Zadar, with Sea Organ to the left
“Give me 100,000 Croatian soldiers and I will conquer the entire world.” – Napoleon
“You may boast to strangers, but tell the truth to your own people.” – Croatian Proverb
Side street in Dubrovnik
“Those who seek paradise on Earth, should come and visit Dubrovnik.” – George Bernard Shaw
“Without suffering, there is no learning.” – Croatian Proverb
“Morning is smarter than evening.” – Croatian Proverb
Dubrovnik harbour look-out
Inside Old Town, Dubrovnik
Peeking out into the Mediterranean atop Dubrovnik city walls
High up on Dubrovnik city walls
6 thoughts on “Europe – Part 8”
I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your site.
It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often. Did
you hire out a designer to create your theme? Exceptional
You need to take part in a contest for one of the best sites on the internet.
I will highly recommend this site!
Thanks a lot for featuring my blog on your website! I appreciate it. @ http://yachtfan.wordpress.com/2013/12/13/enjoying-the-beauty-of-croatian-islands/
Thanks Dad! Yeah, had a blast and would highly recommend seeing this awesome place.
Wow. Very nice pictures and description of Dubrovnik. Like a jewel in the Med. Seemed you had a great experience.