Countdown: Top 5 Places & Why
#5: Paris, France
“Paris is always a good idea.” – Audrey Hepburn
- Eiffel Tower
– Is an enormous, bronze statue
– Took elevator up to first deck & took stairs the rest of the way to the top
– There are 3 platforms
– The 2nd observatory deck offers the best view of the city
– It is, of course, definitely a tourist haven but is a must-see when visiting this iconic city
- The Louvre
– One ginormous museum with 3 separate wings
– It would take 1 full year to go through and read/see everything the museum has to offer
– Has a really cool entrance: a glass pyramid
– Got to see the Mona Lisa and other famous art pieces while exploring the museum with a family friend I met up with while there
- Arc de Triomphe
– An insane 8 lane traffic circle
– It really is a crazy intersection; an accident happens there every 15 min’s (our tour bus driver actually sped up into the traffic circle!! And we didn’t get smoked)
– You have to go underground in order to get to the top and once through there are some really sweet views to be seen of this magnificent city
- Notre Dame Cathedral
– Didn’t get to go…guess I’ll just have to come back another time
– We only had one day to explore 4 of Paris’ top sites and we batted 0.750
View of city from the Eiffel Towel
Other Paris quotes:
“A walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of Life.”
– Thomas Jefferson
To know Paris is to know a great deal.
– Henry Miller
London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation.
– G. K. Chesterson
There is but one Paris and however hard living may be here, and if it became worse and harder even – the French air clears up the brain and does good – a world of good.
– Vincent Willem van Gogh
The chief danger about Paris is that it is such a strong stimulant.
– T.S. Eliot