“Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.” – Benjamin Disraeli
For the last post of this series, I thought I would provide some info I used for planning my Europe trip, and that may be of help for your travelling adventures. Included are the following: Resources, research, websites, packing lists and travel quotes to inspire you in your travels.
Resources to use:
- Rick Steeves: Read his books, listen to his podcasts, watch the TV series (rent from the library; membership is cheap – costs only $12 for an adult)
- Go to the library and take out books on your destination to become familiar with the places and culture of where you’ll be travelling
- Search Google and get “well-versed” online!
- Check out the places you’ll be seeing & see pictures ahead of your trip. That way, when you’re there you’ll be able to recognize these famous landmarks and know something about them
Talk to other people who have travelled in general, and people who have been where you are going, in particular. Get additional tips, cost saving’s, the “inside scoop”, recommendations of what to do and what not to do, etc
- http://www.contiki.com/pages/1702-europe & click “What to pack”
More Quotes on Travelling: